If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Indianafiretraining.com Website to read Web pages or download information, Indianafiretraining.com will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. Your Web browser software transmits most of this information to us; however, this information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the Indianafiretraining.com Website. Indianafiretraining.com software can then map these IP addresses into Internet domain names, for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Indianafiretraining.com Website;
- The date and time you access the Indianafiretraining.com Website;
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents; and
- If you were referred to the Indianafiretraining.com Website from another Web site, Indianafiretraining.com captures the address of the referring Web site.
Indianafiretraining.com uses this information to make the Website more useful to visitors--to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology visitors use. We do not use information to track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- A "cookie" is a small text file that a Web site can place on your computer's hard drive in order, for example, to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it possible for you to use an online "shopping cart" to keep track of items you wish to purchase. The cookie transmits this information back to the Web site's computer which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. Most consumers do not know that "cookies" are being placed on their computers when they visit Web sites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a Web site attempts to place a "cookie" on your computer.
Voluntary Personal Information Submission
If you choose to identify yourself by sending Indianafiretraining.com or a state government employee an e-mail, registering for an Indianafiretraining.com subscription, participating in a contest or other promotion, or by using online forms, some personal data may be collected; however, that data will only be used for limited purposes.
Indianafiretraining.com and its related state agencies may ask you to voluntarily provide personal information under the following circumstances:
- Indianafiretraining.com and the various state agencies it serves may ask for your e-mail address in order to process various applications available through Indianafiretraining.com - for example, Rapid Renewal of your automobile registrations, Professional Service Bureau volunteer applications, requests for site feedback, surveys, and contests or other promotions.
- When you use our Instant Access service and pay by credit card, Indianafiretraining.com asks for the cardholder's name, address, account number, and card expiration date.
- When you perform a transaction using a subscriber service, Indianafiretraining.com will log the user's login name for billing purposes or for other purposes required by law. In addition, as Indianafiretraining.com grows, it may offer services such as a business or consumer portals or customization features and will likely ask for your e-mail and other information.
All of these activities are purely voluntary. You will always have the option of whether to perform the transaction and provide this information. Please understand, however, that in order to open an Indianafiretraining.com account or perform an online service transaction, you will be required to provide some personal information.
If you choose to provide Indianafiretraining.com or a state agency employee with personal information, the requestor will use that information to respond to your message. Indianafiretraining.com and state government employees treat e-mails the same way they treat letters.
- We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law.
- Registered users can edit or delete their account information by e-mailing, phoning, or faxing Indianafiretraining.com. Please understand that, although we can delete your account online, state records retention laws may require us to maintain information about your account for a period of years.
- Indianafiretraining.com does not collect information for commercial marketing. It will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Restrictions on Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Indianafiretraining.com will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies, agencies, or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested. For example, Indianafiretraining.com uses a third party billing company, and it sends information for billing purposes only;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Indianafiretraining.com to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- We are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process;
- The use of personal information available on Indianafiretraining.com is regulated in accordance with Indiana Code (IC) 5-14-3-3(f), which, in part, provides that "names and addresses may not be disclosed by [the state] to commercial entities for commercial purposes and may not be used by commercial entities for commercial purposes."
- Indianafiretraining.com is not directed to children under 13, and does not knowingly collect personal information from children.
- Indianafiretraining.com encourages parents and teachers are involved in children's Internet explorations. It is particularly important for parents to guide their children when children are asked to provide personal information online.
- Indianafiretraining.com does not sell products or services for purchase by children. The Website specifically asks children to get their parents' permission before providing any information online and hopes parents will always be involved in those decisions.
- In the event children unknowingly provide information through the Indianafiretraining.com Website, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer and not to create profiles of children.
Public Disclosure and Open Records Law
- The state of Indiana government is required to maintain many documents under the Indiana Access to Public Records Act for archival and historical purposes; however, it does not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you or for other purposes required by law.
- When you provide personally identifiable information to state agencies through Indianafiretraining.com to receive requested specialized services, such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to a government office, and subject to the laws, regulations, practices, and procedures of the respective agency.
- Some governmental agencies may already have, or may acquire, personally identifiable information through the normal functions of government. Indiana law governs the use of this information under the Indiana Public Records Act. If state or federal law treats information as public domain, a state agency may choose to make the record available through Indianafiretraining.com, in much the same manner as the agency would make a record available to a member of the public who visits the agency in person.
- Indianafiretraining.com is committed to ensuring the integrity of the information and systems it maintains. As such, Indianafiretraining.com has instituted security measures for all information systems under our control so that information will not be lost, misused, or altered.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that our Internet services remain available to all users, Indianafiretraining.com uses software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
- Your Indianafiretraining.com account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas, as with credit card transactions, Indianafiretraining.com uses industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect data transmissions.
- All credit card information is immediately encrypted upon receipt and authenticated through VeriSign. VeriSign authentication uses 128-bit SSL communication.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to this Policy
The Enhanced Data Access Review Committee (EDARC) has approved this policy. Indianafiretraining.com may, with the approval of EDARC, revise this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages. This is a statement of policy and should not be interpreted as a contract of any kind.
Speed Limit Media
P. O. Box 550
Valparaiso, IN 46384