Hosted by Huntington Township Fire Department
1005 North Broadway, Huntington Indiana 46750
Security and Emergency Response Training Center
5550 DOT Road | Pueblo, CO 81007 | 719.584.0584 | www.sertc.org
Participant Registration Options:
· www.regonline.com/PHMSA for Student Registration (direct registration for this course)
This 8-hour remote site training will be delivered to first responders who will be exposed to the potential harm caused by transportation of flammable liquid by rail incidents, so that they can plan to coordinate their responses in an effective and efficient manner. Participants will learn the importance of developing strategies while responding to these rail incidents, which allows them to remain flexible in adjusting their actions to any changing events that may occur during an incident. Key success factors presented in the course will be effective planning, communication, and coordination.
The course is designed to assist local emergency responders to recognize the significant aspects of flammable liquid rail transportation emergencies and the difficulties involved in containing large quantities of the flammable liquids that may be released by an incident as well as mitigating fire incidents that may occur.
Participants will recognize the potential scope of incidents involving flammable liquids transported by rail and the need to identify other agencies and organizations for help in planning and responding to these types of emergencies.
The course meets the requirements of 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (q) (8) and NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents, 2013 edition, supports the National Preparedness Goal of enhancing community core capabilities, and is fully compliant with the National Incident Management System.
· Classroom and hands on will be at the Huntington Township Fire Station located at 1005 North Broadway Huntington, Indiana 46750
· Limited to the first 40 signed up.
· Lunch will be provide at the fire station and the cost per person is $5.00 dollars
· Again this is an 8 hour course starting at 8am on July 30, 2016
· Any questions please contact Fire Chief Paul VonBank at 260-241-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org