First learn about flashover and what to do to protect yourself. Then, experience a live flashover inside a training simulator. You will observe fire behavior and the signs that lead to flashover. Phase 1 training from Swede Survival Systems allows you to observe and experience in a controlled environment how fire develops and grows up to and through the flashover stage as well as how ventilation and hose streams can control a flashover. You will learn to recognize flashover conditions and when it is time to get out, the events that lead up to a flashover, and how firefighters are sometimes responsible for creating flashovers. You will leave with a better understanding of this deadly phenomenon.
· Students must bring their own SCBA & bunker gear.
· Bunker gear ensemble includes NFPA-compliant turnout coat and pants, helmet, hood, firefighting boots, and gloves.
· All firefighters who attend the above IDLH (immediate danger to life and health) class shall complete the mandatory OSHA respiratory questionnaire and Obey all OSHA FACAIAL HAIR rules.
· This class is open to anyone certified Mandatory, Module A &B and up.
· Note: You must have a Mandatory, Module A&B, FF I/II or 2nd class certificate IN HAND to participate.
Location: 2465 Brown Ave Terre Haute, Indiana
Please login to register for this class.